TIER 3 LEVEL
Master Instructor Judge
Set to be available March 1, 2016
Master Wag It Games Instructors have successfully completed the Judges test and are eligible to judge additional skill divisions. The Judges test consists of scoring a variety of video runs and submitting the scoring for review.
The judges tests and title are separated by Skill Divisions; Shadow Skills and *Obstacle Skills. The tests are taken separately and titles are separated and designated by Skill Division. (*Obstacle Skills Test coming soon)
Certified Instructor Benefits
- Listing on the Wag It Games Website with Master Instructor Judge title, contact and website link.
- Wag It Games office will refer inquiries for training and judges to Master instructor Judges in that area.
- Authorization to use the "Wag It Games" logo on your website. (A link to www.wagitgames.com must be included when using the logo online)
- Authorization to use the Master Instructor logo.
- Use of Wag It Games promotional brochures. (Brochures include space for your contact information)
- Printable Master Instructor Judge Certificate.
- Access to the Instructor/Judges Yahoo Group. (Offering discussion and a variety of support materials and resources)
- Authorized to teach classes titled as Wag It Games classes.
- Authorized to use the Wag It Games name for classes incorporating Wag It Games.
- Authorized to teach Wag It Games educational events up to 4 hours in duration per day. (Additional authorization for extended workshops may be available. Requests must be made to Sumac for approval)
- Authorized to judge Sniff It, Quarry Quest and Dog Ball trials.
- Authorized to judge Shadow Skills and or Obstacle Skills after satisfactory completion of the Judges test.
- Authorization to promote Wag It Games classes on the Wag It Games Facebook group.
- FREE option of repeating the Wag It Games Instructor Course.
- Additional specials and discounts.
Certified Instructor Requirements
- Certified Wag It Games Instructor.
- Agrees to uphold the mission of Wag It Games - "Wag It Games Instructors have a mission to offer training, enrichment and events that support the dog/owner relationship through activities that are a positive experience for both dog and owner."
- Agrees to offer training based in positive reinforcement and force free methods.
- Agrees to train in a manner that is safe, supports the dog's physical well being and a comfortable emotional state.
- Agrees to teach with support and encouragement at all times.
- Agrees to judge in a positive courteous manner and abide by all judges guidelines and Wag it Games rules.
- Agrees to welcome and support dogs and handlers with physical challenges.
- Agrees to work in a synergetic manner with fellow Wag it Games instructors.
- Agrees to carry appropriate insurance.
Continuing Education & Participation Requirements - Participate in any two each year.
- Participate at least once in level of each Skill Division of the Master Instructor Judges designation. This may be done via in person or video trial. (If the judge does not presently have a dog competing at all levels a stand in dog may be used with approval)
- Successfully judge each level of each Skill Division of the Master Instructor Judges designation. (Options to do this through our Video trial program may be available under certain circumstances)
- Participate in an approved educational event.
- Be on staff at a Wag It Camp.
Certified Games Instructor Restrictions
- Wag It Games classes will only be offered to dogs with good social skills with no more than minimal reactive issues. (Reactive is defined as having triggers that cause the dog to become overly aroused)
- Reactive dogs, dogs with a known history of aggression, under warning or banned in any venue will not be accepted into any general Wag It Games class. This does not restrict instructors from offering specialized classes incorporating Wag It Games activities. Example: Reactive Dog Classes may incorporate Wag It Games. (Aggression is defined as behavior interpreted to have intent to do harm)
- Harsh corrections, E-collars, choke collars and prong collars are prohibited from any activity that includes Wag it Games. (A harsh correction is defined as any action that results in a strong adverse reaction from the dog)
- Master Instructor Judges are not authorized to teach any Wag It Games (in any form) via any electronic or online method.
*Failure to abide by these requirements and restrictions will result in removal of certification and all benefits.
*These Benefits, Requirements and restrictions may change. A minimum of 30 days notice will be given.