"I have enjoyed this course sooo much and have learned loads.
I don't want it to end!!!!! Seriously Sumac you have inspired me!"
"I have enjoyed the course very much and learned a whole lot.
Not just about training dogs with a different mind set,
approach and new skills, but I learned a lot about myself
and how I need to improve on many levels.
Learning comes through pleasure - as it should. :)"
Bob, WY, USA
Yes indeed this has been beyond the most absolute pleasure to
partake in the 9/2015 WIG's instructors course.
I could not have imagined in advance just how valuable
it would be. It's already changed my training
and teaching approach. One million THANK YOUs.
Jeb, CA, USA
"I am getting a lot out of the course.
Your approach to teaching classes is super-helpful.
Sherry, CA, USA
ON LINE INSTRUCTOR COURSE
A course for EVERY instructor
Next Course Begins January 4, 2019
CEUs - CCPDT-21 CEUs, IAABC 25 CEUs PPG CEUs pending
- Teaching should be judged by the ability of the students to understand, implement and benefit from it.
- Great teaching takes knowledge beyond the specific skills being taught.
- Great instructors have a broad understanding of learning, teaching techniques, creativity, respect for the student,
motivation and an always-open mind.
- Students of great teachers progress towards their goals enjoy the learning process and rave about what they have experienced.
- This course is for EVERY instructor.
- Become more effective and an instructor students rave about.
- Reinvigorate your teaching, enhance your current offerings, add Wag It Games fun to your program and or raise the bar of your agility foundation program.
- This course is designed to inspire..
- Human students with limited skills
- Distracted dogs
- A dose of chaos
- Support the dog/owner relationship while teaching a variety of behaviors
- Offer classes full of fun and success so students rave and come back for more
- Motivate your students to train at home
- Build interest in future classes with you
- Knowledge far beyond canine behavior and specific exercises
- A broad understanding of learning and teaching
- The ability to take teams to their goals quickly while having fun
- 24/7 course access (No need to be on line at a certain time)
- Eight Weekly lessons include video and written instruction
- One week to catch up mid course to post videos, ask questions and catch up
- One bonus week at the end of the course to post videos, ask questions and catch up
- One month follow up support forum offers access to course information and support as you implement your new skills
Course Work Load
- 5-7 hours per week computer time
- Video submission of the following:
- A minimum of 4 video sessions teaching 2 or more dog/handler teams that may be students, volunteers or friends.
- A minimum of 4 video sessions of your personal training